Friday, February 8, 2008

Thursday's Child

I was walking to my car yesterday when I overheard a brief exchange between a guy and a girl passing one another near me on the sidewalk.

"How was your weekend?" said the guy to the girl.

How was your weekend? It's Thursday. Thursday. Maybe I'm the crazy one, but it seems to me that if you haven't figured out how someone's weekend was before Thursday, you forfeit that information. Tuesday is pushing it; Wednesday is a little sad. Thursday is just wrong.

I struck up a conversation with this girl (who happened to be walking my way) and asked her how she felt about the situation. (Of course she was hot.) The fact that she was obviously more excited to talk to a stranger (me) about the statute of limitations on the How-was-your-weekend? question than she was to talk to the guy that knew her and probably had a legitimate reason to ask about her weekend was all the answer I needed.

The moral of this story: when you have a great conversation with a beautiful stranger about the social short-comings of others, get her fucking phone number.

I'm still right about the Thursday thing, though.

No comments: