Monday, May 5, 2008

Moving On

Unlike some people I know, not only did I used to be really into the Dave Matthews Band, but I'll admit it. I'll admit it and I still really, really like their first three albums. And listen to them. Really.

(I'm still in love with Phish, too. Get over it.)

Yesterday, in fact, I was listening to some tracks off of Crash, when it occurred to me that the only thing more ironic than Dave singing "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die," is that he's not singing it ironically.

It's so much easier to criticize something when you're no longer in love with it.

1 comment:

Sra said...

I also used to be really in love with them. But when Stand Up came out, it was the last straw for me. I was disgusted with it. I couldn't listen to DMB for several years. Only recently have some of their songs been popping up on my ipod, and I don't skip them. Not always, anyway.