Sunday, January 27, 2008

Saturday Night in America

I spent the evening in Provo with some friends of mine. After a battle of the bands at BYU, we stopped at Wendy's where I purchased a Baconator: two beef patties, two slices of cheese, and six slices of bacon on a premium bun.

In theory, this burger is like the holy grail of burgers. In execution, however, the Baconator is one of the worst burgers I've ever eaten. It's just too much.

After attempting to express my dismay with the burger, Mike (my friend, not me in the third person) whole-heartedly agreed, saying: "I know exactly what you mean. The first day that came out I took the day off of work to try it out and it was just bad."

Parker laughed.

"That's a good story," he said, shaking his head with admiration. "I wish I had stories like that. What have I done with my life? Where have I been?"

He was kidding but he was serious.

And I kind of knew what he meant. Kind of.

No comments: